Temple Friends, formerly the Senior Group, was created around the time the Temple was founded in 1976. The group was formed for older members (age 55-plus) at a time when most of the Temple's new members were young families.
Our primary mission – serve the Temple and provide a group of friends who are about the same age and have similar interests – with opportunities to socialize and become involved in activities that support the Temple.
Some of our activities include:
• Ushering during the High Holidays and other special events
• Monthly brunches with many exciting and diverse programs, with great speakers
• Participate in Mitzvah Day.
• Volunteer at The Annual Purim 5K Run.
• A yearly bus trip to a local attraction in South Florida.
• Promoting and operating the “Take A Foster Child To A Miami Marlin Game”.
• Promoting and operating the Karaoke Sing-a-long and Barbeque with Victory Living and the Lilyot Group.
• Promote the Yom Hashoah Candle Packing Project.
• Giving a contribution check to the Temple at the end of every fiscal year as a result of the above activities.
Our seniors are vital to the continued growth, development, support and activities of our Temple, as well as maintaining a collective history and consciousness of our community.
Temple Friends offers an opportunity for you to meet and make new friendships that can last a lifetime. There is no age barrier. Please join Temple Friends; attend a brunch or a social event and lend a hand.
Temple Friends- President
November 19 @ 10:30am - Brunch and a Program entitled “Protection 101” – How to Prevent Identity Theft
December 17 @ 12:00pm - Hanukkah Party at the Temple
January 14, 2018 @ 12:00pm - Brunch and a Program – Tony Bennett Tribute – “Rags To Riches” starring the wonderful phenomenal Steve Leeds